Gloucester County Christian School is owned and operated by HBC as a ministry of our local church. The pastor, principal, and deacons comprise the school board, and they meet monthly to review reports and amend or develop school policy. Don Netz has served as principal for 25 years, and Mary Davis serves as the elementary principal with 30 years of experience. Mark Franklin, pastor of Hardingville Bible Church since 1982, serves as administrator. The enrollment at GCCS [PreK – 12] this school year is 372. For more details regarding the ministry at the Christian school, visit the website at www.gccs.co.
To see more pictures and updates, please click here to visit their Facebook page. News, current projects updates, and other information about GCCS is also posted here on the Hardingville website on the Pastor’s Blotter. Check out all GCCS related posts.
Gloucester County Christian School has been established to assist Christian parents in the education of their children. Our objective is:
- To equip our students for life (Getting the tools)
- To edify our students to live for Christ (Using the tools)
- To educate our students for the Christian life (Mastering the tools)
2 Timothy 3:16, 17
The doctrinal beliefs of Gloucester County Christian School are the same as Hardingville Bible Church. They are available upon request and are included in the information packet.
Gloucester County Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or any national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics, or other programs.
Call for a an info packet or visit us online at www.gccs.co!
In 1964, Gloucester County Christian Day School was organized by a group of Christian parents. In 1978, the school was placed within the ministry of Bethel Community Church with approximately 80 students in grades K-8, and the school grew over those 19 years. In 1997, Hardingville Bible Church assumed the ministry of GCCS with grades PreK-12. We are humbled by God’s favor upon us as we have sought to improve the spiritual climate, the academics, and the facilities.
- We offer a PreK program for boys and girls age 3-4 (full-time or part-time).
- All of our elementary teachers are well-qualified and have a heart for students.
- There are aides in all of our grades at various times of the day.
- Specials include: computers, gym, art, music, library, and PE each week.
- We have an intramural program for soccer, basketball, and softball for elementary grades.
- Block schedule in the high school prepares our students for college.
- Our high school teachers are degreed in their fields.
- Two math tracks and two foreign languages are offered at GCCS.
- Computer classes are a part of the regular curriculum.
- Our sports program encourages students to compete and develop character.
- Our Fine Arts program stretches the students as they prepare for state and national competitions.
- A highlight of the year for high school students is our school play.
- Our graduates have been accepted in all the leading colleges/universities.
GCCS is a member of the Garden State Association of Christian Schools
and the American Association of Christian Schools.
Gloucester County Christian School is located about one mile from Route 322 in Richwood and one half mile from the Pitman Golf Course. We are situated on 59 acres fronting on Golf Club Road in Sewell, NJ. Five buildings house the classrooms, including a science and computer lab. Two full-size gymnasiums serve our athletic program along with multiple ball fields.
Gloucester County Christian School
A ministry of Hardingville Bible Church
151 Golf Club Rd. Sewell, NJ 08080
(856) 589-1665 — www.gccs.co
Teaching the mind–Reaching the heart