A Few Notes:
- Tonight is the final night of the GCCS Play
- Men’s Breakfast tomorrow at 8 AM
- Tri-State Ladies fellowship is tomorrow at 9:30 [Assembly Room]
- Saturday Dinner at Maggiano’s – Young Adults/Young Marrieds; we will leave the Church at 4
- Sunday is the Special Offering for the Building Fund of GCCS. Pray about what the Lord would have you to give; the need is great!!!
As we look ahead to the Lord’s Day, I will use both services on Sunday to commemorate the 400 year anniversary of the KJV. The AM Sermon: “400 Years – a Tribute to the KJV.” We will show a brand new DVD on “The Making of the King James Bible” on Sunday night. A final message to commemorate this will be given Sunday night, May 29th, followed by a Q & A time in the Evening Service.
I’ve been thinking …
It is truly amazing how much of the Bible is available in the English language today. Many different study Bibles, a proliferation of versions and paraphrases, along with numerous electronic tools, including an I-Phone App, are all available to us in 2011. What would Tyndale, Wycliffe, or Miles Coverdale think of this century? Here we are 400 years removed from the single greatest literary work in the English language. God has placed His Word in our hands, and with it comes a great responsibility. As we look ahead to the Lord’s Day we will pay tribute to this great masterpiece of language.
Have a great weekend,