Leftovers…. Now there is a post Thanksgiving thought to chew on for a few minutes. I happen to enjoy leftovers; some things are even better the second day. With all leftovers, there does come a certain point when they need to be discarded. The prophet rebuked God’s people for offering “moldy bread” on the table of showbread [Malachi 1:7]. The following verses mention the people offering a blind or lame animal in sacrifice to the Lord. All of this sends a message to us today: be careful to offer God the best of what we have, not our leftovers. This includes the best of our time, our treasures, and our talents. May all that we give to the Lord be our very best.
As we look ahead to December at HBC, here are some dates:
- 4th – Guest Speaker in Adult Sunday School
and the 11 AM Service – Dr. Al Huss
- 10th – Ladies’ Christmas Brunch at 10 AM
- 11th – Winter Quarter Adult Sunday School Classes
- 15th – Sr. Saints’ Luncheon at Noon
- 15th – Christmas Program (Grades 7-12) at GCCS 7 PM
- 16th – Christmas Program (Pre K – 6th) at GCCS 7 PM
- 17th – AM Choir Rehearsal
6 PM Family Christmas Dinner
- 18th – Christmas Sunday
11 AM – Baby Recognition Sunday for 2011
7 PM – Our choir will present “The New Born King”
- 24th – Christmas Eve Service at 7 PM
- 25th – Christmas Day 11 AM Service only
There will not be an Evening Service.
- 31st – Wedding Bells for Joshua & Meaghan 11 AM
January 1st – Regular Services at 9:45 and 11 AM 6 PM Family Christian Film and Snacks for all
- There will not be a Progressive Dinner this year.