A Few Notes:
- Our teens leave for the Tri-State winter weekend at 2 today
- Our Youth Meetings will be tonight at 7 with Pizza for all.
- There will be a widow’s fellowship at the home of Margaret Iles tomorrow at 10 AM, if you need directions or a ride, call the church office.
- There will be a baptism class Sunday night at 5:15, just before church. If you have not been baptized, plan to be in that instruction class with pastor.
- Members, turn your nomination ballots in ASAP.
As we look ahead to the Lord’s Day, our choir will sing I will speak on Hard Questions in Life in the morning service. We will have songs, testimonies and special music at our 6 PM service and Pastor Jeff Kliewer will be our guest speaker on Sunday night.
I’ve been thinking …
This Sunday will be three years since my return to the pulpit here at HBC following my down time with cancer. The message on that Lord’s Day was, There is a River, from Psalm 46 and it still resonates in my heart. This same message was preached in Toronto that year and at the Bible Conference at BJU. All that God allows is right. I relived a little bit of that surgery last week when I visited Lane’s brother-in-law, who had a similar surgery. I’m not cancer free, but my hope is in the Lord, I continue to draw from that “River,” and take refuge in a God who is always there. On Sunday I will preach on Hard Questions. We do not have all the answers, but know someone who does. God has given us His Word, His answer book. We look forward to the Lord’s Day with you.