A Few Notes:
- We had the funeral services for Bill Leonard today; he was special and will be missed by many.
- Our Youth Meetings will be tonight at 7
- WILD GAME SUPPER – Sat at 6 PM All are welcome; Invite a friend. Bring a cover dish to share. We will provide dessert. [If someone can help put up tables – let Pastor know.]
- We will have the dedication of the new school building in our 11 AM Worship service and there will be an Open House at the school from 1-3. Visit anytime, there will be light refreshments.
- The Sunday night baptism has been delayed for a few weeks.
As we look ahead to the Lord’s Day, our King’s Kids will sing, our Handbell choir will play, and our adult choir will sing. We have a special bulletin for this dedication Sunday. I will speak on Dividends in Christian Education in the morning service from the book of Daniel. We will have songs, testimonies and special music at our 6 PM service with the message, Facing the Future by Recalling the Past, from our study in Deuteronomy.
I’ve been thinking …
The word “investment” often has a financial ring to it. Many get those monthly or quarterly retirement statements and smile or grown. We rejoice when dividends are paid to our account. I remind you that God has called upon us to make investments in the lives of people; we call this ministry. These investments pay dividends in eternity. Christian education is just that kind of investment. While we will do a number of special things in our 11 AM service, we will spend some time in Daniel 1 and consider what was especially deposited in Daniel and his three friends. We look forward to the Lord’s Day with you; especially this week.