A Few Notes:
- Allison Catalano will be married tomorrow here at HBC at 4:30.
- There will be a final VBS meeting Sunday night after the service.
- Fred & Karen Zoback will be moving to MD shortly; this Sunday is their last with us. We will have a “farewell” in Harmony Hall after the service – Ice cream for all.
- Don Netz will come from the hospital today. He still cannot stand or walk for a while and will rehab at home with PT.
- Catherine Spitaleri is recovering from hip surgery at Virtua, Marlton.
As we look ahead to Sunday, I will speak on Preserving our Joy, from the book of Isaiah. Lena Pagliarini will sing special music. On Sunday night, we will continue in our series on Timely Truths from Thessalonians with the message The Weight of your Testimony. A Ladies trio will sing special music.
I’ve been thinking …
There are many things that rob God’s people of the joy they should have. As we walk with the Lord, it is essential that we understand the importance of preserving that joy in the midst of trying times. Isaiah, the prophet, wrote to a people who had the joy of the Lord ripped from them because of the threat of an Assyrian invasion. They figured they were “next.” We will consider three texts from this Old Testament prophet that will challenge us to preserve the true joy we have in the Lord, regardless of what happens all around us. Oh that the world would see a people who have the joy of the Lord in their heart especially when “bad things happen.” Hope to see you on Sunday.