5 Truths for a Spiritually-Healthy Summer
by Pastor Dave Saxton
1. Be faithful – Don’t take a vacation from the Body of Christ.
Hebrews 10:24–25 – And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
2. Be evangelistic – Good weather makes for a great time to be out sharing your faith.
John 4:35 – Say not ye, “There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.”
3. Be hospitable – Summer is a great time to have folks over that you don’t know to well and be an encouragement.
1 Peter 4:9 – Use hospitality one to another without grudging [complaint].
4. Be modest – It is an effort of love to dress in a way so as not to be inappropriately revealing.
1 Tim. 2:9 – In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness & sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.
5. Be growing – Maintain a warm time of personal Bible reading, meditation, and prayer. Summer is also a time to read good Christian book or two.
Psalm 119:97 – O how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day.